Her talk show will not resume as originally intended, as the host decides to honor the Hollywood strikes
The Drew Barrymore Show won’t go on, after all. After Drew Barrymore’s decision to resume filming her talk show without WGA writers was met with controversy last week, Barrymore deleted her original Instagram post announcing the show’s return and replaced it with a new one Sunday, Sept. 17
, one day before the fourth season of the show was set to debut on CBS. “I have listened to everyone, and I am making the decision to pause the show’s premiere until the strike is over,” Barrymore wrote. “I have no words to express my deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt and, of course, to our incredible team who works on the show and has made it what it is today. We really tried to find our way forward. And I truly hope for a resolution for the entire industry very soon.”
View this post on Instagram
Barrymore also apologized for bringing back the show over the weekend, in an Instagram video that she also deleted. “I certainly couldn’t have expected this kind of attention,” Barrymore said in the video. “I wanted to do this because as I said, this is bigger than me, and there are other people’s jobs on the line.” The Drew Barrymore Show will air reruns “for the foreseeable future,” and episodes taped last week will not air, according to Variety
. The WGA canceled its planned Monday picket of the show and will instead picket The View, another struck show headed back into production. The Talk and The Jennifer Hudson Show are also shutting down until the end of the strike, according to Variety.